Work-Related & Sports Injuries
Putting You Back in the Game of Life
When a work-related or sports injury leaves you on the sidelines, getting back to regular activities is your primary concern. At Linx Physical Therapy & Wellness Center in Maurepas, Denham Springs, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, our highly trained staff works closely with your physician to address work-related, sports-related, and other injuries, including postsurgical conditions.
Our customized physical therapy treatment plans are designed to meet your individual needs and reach your personal goals for recovery. We utilize proven protocols to restore your function and regain your strength in an environment that promotes healing and encourages active involvement.
Our therapists will educate you about your condition and recovery so that you have the tools to help yourself heal even faster. We even offer pre-operative rehabilitation as an alternative for patients who wish to avoid surgery or who plan to undergo surgery in the near future.
Doctors send patients to us because they know we get exceptional results. Our goal is to get you back to sports or work as quickly and safely as possible.
We offer comprehensive, intensive hands-on therapy, thorough biomechanical evaluation, and muscle strengthening. Our mission is to help you function at your best, move without pain, and get stronger so you can avoid future injuries. Some of the exercises and techniques we may use in your treatment plan include:
- Therapeutic exercise – Used to increase strength and/or range of motion of a joint or large muscle groups
- Passive range of motion/manual stretching – Used when a patient is unable to move a joint through its full range of motion
- Active range of motion – Used to re-establish normal movement
- Active assisted range of motion – Used when a patient is unable to move a joint through its full range of motion
- Balance training – Used to re-establish balance throughout the body pertaining to a specific joint
- Deep-tissue massage – Used to improve tissue extensibility, increase circulation, reduce muscle spasms, and decrease pain
We have helped thousands of people successfully recover from work-related or sports injuries. There’s an excellent chance we can help you, too. For an appointment at any of our three locations, call (225) 665-8600 or request one online.
For proactive employers, we offer functional capacity exams as well as job site analysis to help reduce the likelihood of employee injuries. We utilize WorkWell to complete pre- and post-work screenings to facilitate a safe work environment before hiring and returning to work after an injury.
Physical Therapy for Sports Injuries and Injured Employees in Maurepas, Denham Springs & Baton Rouge, LA
What would your employee like to do again without pain? Play tennis or golf? Run? Walk? Fish? Hunt? Return to work? Or just get back to living their life? We would be happy to meet with you to discuss how we can help your employees function at their best – at work and in life. Call Linx Physical Therapy & Wellness Center at (225) 665-8600 today.